Objectives and Principles
The principal objectives of the N F I A are:
- to further the interest of the Nordic Folkboat in all countries where Folkboats are sailed and to introduce the class to new countries.
- to be responsible for the administration of the Class Rules and to coordinate proposals for rule amendments, for rule consideration and the final approval by the Scandinavian Yacht Racing Union (SYRU), recently renamed to Nordic Sailing Federation (NoSF)
- to ensure that the class retains its status by complying with the criteria adopted by the NoSF
- to coordinate and select venues for international regatta events, like Gold Cup or Sessan Cup
- to produce regular newsletters containing information about the class and the activities of the NFIA for distribution to all Folkboat sailors worldwide.
Articles and Membership
Membership normally will be applied by a "National Nordic Folkboat Association" (NNFA).
A NNFA must have formal recognition by its National Sailing Association of its home country in order to assure that measurement routines as required and defined in the Class Rules are strictly followed.
The yearly membership fee is 1 Euro per registered boat - recognized at June 30 of the preceding year.
Applications should be sent to one of the Board members.